Code of Conduct
The Assembly Line and Lansing Ignite FC are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, fun and entertaining soccer experience for all guests in and around Cooley Law School Stadium. This Code of Conduct exists to ensure and maximize the enjoyment of Independence matches and all related events for everyone in attendance.
The Assembly Line and Lansing Ignite FC expects all fans to abide by the following Code of Conduct guidelines…
Supporters have a right to expect an environment where:
- Supporters are encouraged to cheer, sing, chant, wave flags and otherwise support their team while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players. No chants with inappropriate language, including any comments regarding racism, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc., will be tolerated.
- Supporters enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting and disorderly or violent behavior, including foul, sexist, racial, obscene, derogatory or abusive language or gestures. Both The Assembly Line and Lansing Ignite FC will not tolerate unnecessary negativity or bigotry toward fans, players, staff members or referees in any capacity. If you start or participate in a fight, you will be removed from the stadium.
- Supporters respect and comply with requests from game day staff regarding the Cooley Law School Stadium policies and emergency response procedures. If you feel as though you have been treated unfairly, please report the incident to the member in the Supporter’s Section wearing a Captain armband, or by contacting us via social media. We will work with both you and the Front Office regarding your concern.
- Supporters do not interfere with the match. No objects of any kind are to be thrown in the stands or onto the field. Fans are not allowed to enter the playing field. If a soccer ball enters the stands, please promptly and carefully return the ball to a game day staff member or the ball person on the sidelines.
- Alcoholic beverages must be consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age. Engaging in or enabling underage drinking will not be tolerated. Beer will be for sale at stadium concession stands for those with proper identification. Fans are not allowed to bring their own alcoholic beverages into the stadium. No alcoholic beverages can be outside the confines of the stadium fencing.
- Supporters conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium and in the parking lots. Illegal activities at group tailgates or in the stadium will not be condoned or covered up. If these types of behaviors are witnessed, they must immediately be reported to The Assembly Line leadership, the Lansing Ignite FC Front Office, or directly to law enforcement.
- Supporters sit in their assigned ticketed area.
- Supporters refrain from activities that damage the reputation of Lansing Ignite FC, USL or Cooley Law School Stadium.
As a reminder, The Assembly Line strongly believes in creating an atmosphere that is welcoming to all involved Racism, discrimination, sexism, homophobia, disrespect, and any physical or verbal assault towards fellow supporters or fans of other teams have no place in The Assembly Line and will not be tolerated.
Smoke Device Policy
The USL and Lansing Ignite FC permit the use of smoke devices by The Assembly Line at Cooley Law School Stadium, but the following rules must be followed to ensure safety, that there is no interference with the match, and that the other supporters in the stadium have an enjoyable experience. The right to use smoke devices is a privilege, and is one which Lansing Ignite FC and the USL can take away from our supporters at any time. Before any smoke devices are used all team employees, stadium employees, security, and fans must understand the following:
- The type of approved device allowed.
- The approved timing and method of use.
- The specific approved locations for use.
- Safety equipment required and any conditions that would change normal procedures for use.
All smoke devices must be a “cool burn” device, which burns at a safe temperature. It must have less than a two-minute release time and have a non-incendiary trigger. It must indicate a moderate level of smoke density and not a high-density smoke (military HD smoke). Sport Smoke and Enola Gay products currently meet these standards. Per USL League One, the home team must purchase, store, and distribute all smoke devices. Supporters are not permitted to bring their own smoke devices into the stadium.
Approved Timing and Method of Use
Smoke devices can be deployed at player walkout, after a home goal, and at the end of the match with a home win. Devices can only be deployed within the assigned Supporter section. The Assembly Line must employ the use of a bucket, which the smoke device is to be deposited in once fired.
Recommended safety gear should be worn when handling or around smoke devices. All local and state regulations must be followed in the discharge of a device. Consideration should be given to weather, specifically wind and the direction, and humidity.
Cooley Law School Stadium Prohibited Items
Certain exceptions to the list of prohibited items will be made for those fans attending Lansing Ignite matches as a member of a recognized supporter group, and for items pre-approved by Lansing Ignite FC and the USL at the Cooley Law School Stadium.
- Weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, knives, pepper spray, stun guns, concealed weapons and firearms.
- Illegal drugs or harmful chemicals.
- Any missile or projectile like object.
- Aerosol cans or pressurized containers.
- Professional camera equipment; tripods, battery packs, large commercial video cameras, cameras with detachable lenses and/or lenses 6 in. or longer.
- Laser pointers or flashlights.
- Remote controlled aircraft or unmanned aircraft systems (drones).
- Animals (except service animals).
- Signs / banners larger than 2 ft. x 2 ft. (or any other item that could obstruct other patron’s views).
- Umbrellas (Fans should bring raincoats/ponchos for inclement weather).
- Outside food and beverage of any kind.
- Metal or glass containers of any kind.
- Backpacks and large bags over 14x14x6 inches (subject to search).
- Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, shoes with wheels.
- Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind.
- Un-approved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Masks (worn in your seat only, must be removed when leaving your section).
- Strollers or baby seats may not be taken into the stands or left in section entrances.
- Selfie sticks and/or monopods.
- Any other items deemed to be inappropriate or dangerous by the person responsible for safety/security at Cooley Law School Stadium.